Wednesday, February 16, 2011

it's about art, but it's also about community ...

... I just added a link on my sidebar about raising a puppy for an incredible organization, one that changes the lives of people with disabilities every single day:   CANINE COMPANIONS FOR INDEPENDENCE.

Their mission?  "CCI is a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships."

I know, this blog is about ART.  But CCI has been such a big part of my life and my heart for 20 years now, and I just had to share it with you, my fellow artists.   Not only do I continue to volunteer for CCI, but I have worked for them not once, but twice - for a total of 5 years.   {during my last stint as an employee at CCI, our director once referred to me as a 'retread' !!  hey, I've been called worse ...}

Isn't what we do, in the end, all about community anyway?

    Check out little YARROW and her mama right here; and for more information on CCI, find Yarrow on my sidebar and click to link right to CCI's website.   My dear friend Linda will be co-raising this beautiful pup for CCI with co-raiser Vickie.   I can't wait to meet their new darling!

Thank you for allowing me the privilege of posting on this blog about such an incredible program.

~~  Davielle, aka
your PRINCESS MAGPIE {and little Yarrow's honorary auntie!}

1 comment:

LoveTailWags said...

Love that beautiful sweet pup of ours. I hope to carve out some time on LoveTailWags.blogspot as I chronicle Yarrow's adventures Davi. Thanks for posting her photo - we just love the CCI family eh?