Monday, September 7, 2009

BSM: Best Shot Monday, September 7, 2009

Well, it's MONDAY, and you know what that means ... so here you go ... another BSM {Best Shot Monday, a la Tracey Clark} image to enjoy (I hope!).

This was taken in my garden this morning, after the Flower Fairies (aka, Kaia & Kiara) had their way with one ripe cantaloupe and a piece of throwaway blown glass from my friend Cindy McQuade ...


What do you think?!
And then, there is this photo, which I took on the evening of August 21, 2009 when Mark and I were in Montana at his folks' place at Flathead Lake. My father-in-law had saved up quite a pile of kindling and brush to burn, and we had one heck of a fabulous bonfire that night. It was extra special to me because August 21 was my mother's birthday ... well, it would have been her 86th birthday, if she had not died five years ago. SO this fire's for you, Edith. Blaze on !!!!!
I love you, Mom ...
-- Davielle

2 comments:

Nina and/or Ruthie66 said...

Love that cantalopue with the purple flowers. Hope it tastes as good as it looks!

anna maria said...

I love that bonfire for your Mom. Beautiful.
I see we are both Suzi Blu fans. I took her August online Poet and Goddess class, and was very happy with what came out of it for me.