Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You really really might want to visit my friend Nina Reeba's blog (some of you know her as San Diego radio's RUTH 66, of the DSC show that used to air on KGB ???).   Her blog is all about her artful life, and her life here in San Diego.  It's beautifully done, and the photographs she posts are (mostly) her own.  Take a look ...

www.voicesinmybighead.blogspot.com


this artwork, "Salmon Botanical", is a piece that Nina/Ruth has on her blog right now ... I doubt it's still available, but isn't it gorgeous?! 

Nina has been doing magnificent work for over a year, and I am so glad we met up in an art class (2009) taught by local artist Lisa Bebi.   Now we can ALL say we are "local artists".   Nina's been selling her work lately, and one day, some day ... I will have one, too !!!

And as for Nina's coverage of this year's ACADEMY AWARDS - I doubt anyone could have done it better.  Or more like I would have done it.  Focused on the clothes, baby.  RIGHT ON, Nina.  Love your post about the Oscars.  :-) 

But even more, I love the comment you closed with ...

"I fully support anyone who chooses a creative outlet! Who knows, your dreams might come true too." 
-- Nina Reeba / Ruth 66

And Nina's has pointed us to this great source of inspiration:
http://www.artbizblog.com/ ... check it out !!!

In closing today's post, I want to add one more image of Nina's art:



this is "Pink Dreams"










I hope you've enjoyed today's walk with my friend Nina Reeba. 

-- Princess Magpie

3 comments:

Nina and/or Ruthie66 said...

Aww thanks so much for the kind words, Davi! That was very sweet of you! ~Nina~

chrissy said...

dearest davi...i got all tickled pink when i saw your name in my comments..
THANK YOU!
nina.s work DOES look so beautiful! i.m going to hop on over and take a peek.
xo
c

p.s. my kids are TOTALLY all over the bubble tub challenge...so am i...i.ll let you know.

Davielle aka Princess Magpie said...

so, Nina ... did you already sell that Salmon Botanical piece?! :-)