Monday, January 25, 2010

Many thanks to my friend Chris Harrell, who forwarded this link to me last week ... it links to a video of a fascinating man, Kaffe Fassett of London (born in California, a "transplant" to England in the Sixties) ...

Kaffe started his artistic life as an artist working with paint. He quickly became enamored of the color and pattern and sensuality of ... textiles. In particular, YARN. He learned to knit and has never stopped.

This video (yes, it's long, but WELL WORTH EVERY MOMENT SPENT WATCHING IT) covers Kaffe's views on ... art. color. pattern. craft. textiles. knitting. the SENSUALITY he talks about in textiles is one that grabbed me by the hand and drug me deeper into this video.

As an (now somewhat retired) interior designer, I always found that it was the COLOR and the TEXTURE of things that attracted me the most.

I hope you enjoy his story as much as I am ... honestly, I haven't even seen the entire 47 minutes of this clip yet! I just couldn't wait to share it with you all ...

http://media.xstream.dk/dk4_2006/Kaffe_720.wmv

-- Princess Magpie

4 comments:

Vintage Diva said...

Thanks for the Kaffe Fassett video. It was great! Sara

Davielle aka Princess Magpie said...

Thank you, Sara .. I have to find time today to view the rest of it. Isn't he remarkable? I hadn't heard of him before ... had you? Thanks for visiting my blog & posting your comment :-) -- Davi

Beth Nicholls said...

Hey Davi

So lovely to meet you in California. Hope you're going to share your photos and thoughts on the adventure some time!

Beth

Davielle aka Princess Magpie said...

Beth -- I'm thrilled that you're visiting my blog :-). Thank you, and thank you for leaving a comment. I LOVE GETTING COMMENTS ON MY BLOGs. Yes, it was lovely to meet you, too. I've been wondering how it went for you, with all that travel time back home again. Are you still as excited and inspired as I am? and YES, I am certainly going to share my thoughts and photos SOON and VERY SOON on my blog - here, and over on www.DH2travelers.blogspot.com as well. xoxo -- Davi