Wednesday, July 1, 2009

BSM: Best Shot Monday 6-29-09 (on Wednesday)

How did Monday slip away ... it was Tuesday night before I realized that I had failed to post a BEST SHOT MONDAY image.

Monday was our oldest "grand"s 14th birthday, so I wonder if I should post another image of him? I could. Or should I post something "artsy", or something from our garden ??? or of Rocky, our rat terrier?

I can't decide, so I guess I'll just peruse the photo files until something strikes me as reasonably worthy enough to join the ranks of the AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHERS who participate in BSM !!

Well, you know what they say about a girl and her horses ... it's a match made in heaven.
My AHA moment for this week occurred when I was happily reminded of seeing the Lipizzaner show in San Diego last summer with family and friends .. when I came across THESE images:

my Canon G9 was still new to me at the time (heck, it STILL is), so indoor shots were a challenge for me - the arena was completely dark, and there were spotlights on the horses and riders ... but I like this, with that shadow of the horse and rider ...

this was another one I was happy with after reviewing the 100 or so that I shot that afternoon

but THIS is it -- the best of the bunch, as far as I'm concerned .. THIS is my BEST SHOT MONDAY
-- Princess Magpie