Monday, December 1, 2008

Multi-Generational Crafting

PAPER CRAFTING: not just for girls, and not just for the young. Here to illustrate my newest crafting theory, that it's a MULTI-GENERATIONAL SPORT,
I give you ... Frank's Story:

So yesterday afternoon, my dad stopped by, and since our youngest "grand" and I were in the dining room, that's where Dad took a seat. After about 10 minutes of explaining to him just what we were doing {making Christmas cards} ...

... we looked over and there was Dad, sorting out the scrap pieces of paper ...



... organizing them into a neat little "collage" on the table, and then he began reaching for the embellishments -- the bottle of Stickles {glitter glue}, packages of beads, rubber stamps {he opted for what he kept calling 'the pigeon' -- although it was clearly a Quail -- which is obviously, this being Christmas-time, a PARTRIDGE !!!}.

Before Dad left to go home, he said "Keep watch over my citadel". {the Cross, he said, was for 'protection' over the ranks ... he really got into this!}



Once an Army guy, always an Army guy !!! Only my dad could take scrapbooking materials and play FORTS with them.

-- Princess Magpie {aka DAH} -- and now you see where I get "it" from ...

1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

aaah, I love these pics of your dad!! so glad you got the camera out.