Monday, April 6, 2009

BEST SHOT MONDAY: Poppies


Wow, narrowing down my BEST SHOT from last week is more of a challenge than I'd thought. But here goes ...

This, of the California Poppies blooming in our yard last week, won out. Taken 4-1-09 with my Canon G9, on either "auto" setting, or just maybe, on "foliage". Can't recall.

So this, then, is my inaugural BEST SHOT MONDAY image ...

**************************************************************************

P.S. Of course, last week brought out the PATIENT side of me, and I also took these of birds in our yard - anyone that watches birds, knows ... they can be SO elusive, especially the gorgeous SPOTTED TOWHEE:

And just last evening, as I was snapping pics in our canyon, I heard something unusual and looked up {WAY up} to the phone pole wire overhead ... and there was our first ORIOLE of the season:

Happy Monday, everyone.
-- Davielle

No comments: