Friday, June 5, 2009

great quote

"I like work; it fascinates me.
I can sit and look at it for hours."

-- Jerome K. Jerome {1859-1927}

This poor guy, his parents just couldn't settle on a name for their baby? What!? I don't know that I'd have liked to be Antelline Antelline {or Antellini}; or Davielle Davielle. Can you imagine?

BUT he sure had some wise words to share about ... well ... WORK.

My friend Victoria was here last week and we came across this quote - and cracked up.

I promise, I am slowly but surely getting my MAS (Messy Art Space/Studio) organized and ready to work. Really, I am. But each time I get one storage problem resolved, another pops up. And now I need a bit of a window shade - nothing fancy, just white, so the sun in the afternoon doesn't come through any COLORS to mess up my pure working light and all ... still, it's hard to be in there right now with a blazing sun shining in your eyes.

I can hardly wait. But I'm waiting. 'cause it's just not there yet.

Before Mark left town today, though, he did help me hang some things on the wall (no small feat - it's drywall OVER concrete block), so I am stoked. I even took photographs :-) of the process.

More to come ...

-- Princess Magpie

No comments: